Randolph Road Little Venice
This grade II listed 1860’s residence in the Little Venice conservation area had undergone successive decades of alteration, resulting in the almost complete loss of all internal historical architectural detailing. Its restoration required the reinstatement of fibrous plaster work, internal -panelled doors, fireplaces, timber floors and a cantilevered stone stair.
New fitted joinery was designed within a deliberately contemporary language, and its placement within the historic fabric is light of touch. Bookshelves float away from walls, and a new staircase hovers above the floor. This was a strategic approach enabling a clear reading of both the building’s history and its 21st century use.